Saturday, January 22, 2011

FFF: Peace / Piecing

Nora's theme for yesterday was "Peace" - and she was good enough to announce it ahead of time. Despite this, it seemed to be a week without much peace in terms of my inner landscape. Denise Levertov's bleakly beautiful poem "Zeroing In" aptly describes what I am talking about.

But today has been a good day, and I've found a nicer landscape waiting for me inside. I attribute this mainly to what I have done in the kitchen today (cinnamon rolls for tomorrow! meatloaf! crazy 1907 onion soup!) and also that I was able to sit in front of my sewing machine and experiment with some ideas. Here are the photos:



2 comments:

nora said...

Love this. So did you applique? And I get the green/pucey (is that a relative work to pukey???) color. Seems apropro for January and the coldest freaking week ever. If you make those into your own underwear, do you think you can write a pattern aka Angry Chicken? No? :) You can stalk my blog - if that means that we are closer. Gosh i miss you.

GrannyJan said...

Ooohhhh! Love it! Let us see where it goes!