Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Insanely and dangerously good

I blame my friend RobbieD for ever introducing me to the decadent delights of Lurpak Danish Butter. It is the dessert course of butters. It is what all devout cows believe their milk will become if they are good cows all their lives (well, okay, some are more of the Hagen-Daz school - every species has its schism).

I told Chris that I can't wait to sit down with a fresh, hot piece of his homemade bread with Lurpak on it.

Apparently, this is the raciest thing I've ever said.

Even if you don't want to run out and buy some, you have to check out the FAQ page. Specifically, the answer to that age-old question: Can butter be used for frying?

(These must be questions Danes have. No one in Minnesota has asked this question for seven generations.)

Edited to add: Also check out the home site's FAQ's - not as odd as the LurpakUSA site, more informative. Yes, as you would expect, Lurpak is all-natural, non-GMO, antibiotic-free from grass-fed herds. You can also learn (lurn?) what on earth a "lur" is.

No comments: