Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm it!

Nora, Tycast Team co-captain, tagged me!

There are 5 rules to being tagged:
1. The rules are to link the person who sent this and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself
4. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link their blog
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

Now, I can hear every member of my family thinking "only 7 strange/weird facts? How will she choose?!" Let's see if I can surprise even them.

1. More geeky, perhaps, than truly strange, but I have kept a list of every book I've read since 1993. (I was surprised to discover that last year was actually a high for the past ten years - how is I am reading more with a toddler than I did without?).
2. I have a true weakness for the two worst kinds of movies: monster movies (true monsters! No psychopaths!) and dance movies (how embarrassing - but I think Cora shares this, as when we caught the last bit of Save the Last Dance this weekend, she was trying to copy Julia Stiles' ballet-hiphop moves)
3. My friend Cara and I discovered that in high school we were both so inspired by the movie Chariots of Fire, but both such geeks, that we did not take up running, but did both check out a copy of Eric Liddell's autobiography from the public library - one of us in CA, the other in NJ.
4. I have actually encouraged Cora to throw up into my hand rather than down my pajamas. Ick. This is exactly the kind of fact that would have made me gag two years ago. I'm sorry if you're gagging right now. I really am.
5. 9 times out of 10 I would rather make up some scrambled eggs than eat leftovers.
6. Chris once made me a little book, with his own illustrations, of the strange things I have said to him while half-asleep in the morning (my favorite? "Put me back in the bottle!" or "Are you a bad alien?")
7. I often cheerfully and sincerely greet my dinner - "Hello, little chicken!" - but I try to do this only at home, where Chris is the only one to be unnerved. And he's used to it now.

I don't think I actually have anyone to tag...but if you want to leave a strange, weird, or geeky fact about yourself in the comments...I wouldn't feel so alone in geekdom.

No comments: