The headline is a trick - there are no recent events! It's too hot! Too humid for events!
Well, just kidding. It is way too hot and humid, but the events continue anyway. In recent days we have:
* found a daycare for Cora for the fall - a great place that I think she will really enjoy once she gets over the whole "you're LEAVING ME?!" part,
* Chris has had his last day at his day job (hooray!) and is in the middle of an intensive composer's workshop (he's working on a piece that involves the influences of British change-ringing, reggae, and Bjork...yeah, I'm curious to hear it too!),
* Cora took the last step in her self-weaning journey (a little sad, but definitely good timing),
* Cora has worked on developing her toddler superpowers - especially the expression of sudden agony of the soul for unknown reasons (see photo, taken shortly after everything was fine),
* I got to do a little writing and a lot of reading (okay, it was mostly revising, but it was still writing!),
* we finally admitted the necessity of replacing our deck soon - the rotten boards are starting to crumble a little under the feet of our chairs when we eat outside,
* and we had a brief and lovely break from the heat over the weekend. The weatherguy promises another break tomorrow. We'll see.
The other day Cora and I spent a lot of time with the stuffed animals - hugging them, kissing them, putting hats on them, rocking them like babies, biting them, and of course sitting on their heads. Then I took this family portrait.
Starting with the green guy and going clockwise we have: George the Dinosaur, Mr. Bear (don't let the bonnet fool you), Ms Rabbit, CourderoyBear, and the Love Monkey. Right now these are her favorite downstairs animals. Maybe the upstairs animals will sit for a portrait next week.